An Insiders Guide to Help App Publishers Define Their App Feature Roadmap
|Stuart Parkerson in Marketing & Promotion Tuesday, May 12, 2015|
It’s the same for the smallest indie app publisher to the biggest brands – an app is more than simply a way to externally communicate and engage with users. Creating an app is a personal thing as developers, artists, and others involved in the process put their blood, sweat and tears into the process and outcome. Even the most simple of apps takes a significant amount of time and resources. So it’s not surprising that when creating an app, developers and others associated with the app creation process want to make their app as robust as possible.
However there is a big difference between robust and bloated - eventually even the most seasoned developers fall into the trap of adding useless (but cool) features, bad paths or unimportant screens. Deciding on which app features to develop, when and how to do so can be tricky for everyone involved. That is why defining an app roadmap is a necessary step to creating an effective and profitable user experience.
Creating a smart and streamlined feature roadmap will help you cut through the weeds and hone in on which features you should really be developing. To help you succeed in this, Localytics has published a new guide providing a bundle of free templates developers can use to define their app feature roadmap - now and over time.
In this bundle, you'll receive templates for:
- The onset of creating an app (your starting point)
- Mapping multiple app user scenarios
- Creating your first roadmap
- Outlining feature sprints
- Populating & prioritizing a feature backlog
- Your ongoing roadmap: based in four key buckets (“scenario-dependent,” “catch-up,” “user-driven,” and “industry-leading”)
The Localytics guide provides great insight to help those developers who are just starting out with the app creation process. Even if you’re a seasoned app publisher, you’ll find the guide provides a great way to examine your current app feature roadmap processes and can help update and better define the app creation process.
The guide is available as a free download that you can share with all the members of your team and keep available long term to revisit as often as needed to update and help stay on track.
Read more: http://info.localytics.com/download-free-template-...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more