Akana Releases New Envision API Analytics Platform
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Tuesday, July 28, 2015|
Akana has launched Envision, a new API analytics platform that provides companies with advanced analytics and insights into how their APIs are performing, how they are being used and how they are creating revenue opportunities.
Akana extracts insights from API data and the surrounding context of how and where that data is being leveraged. The platform can be utilized to perform complex custom analytics or integrate with an existing analytics platform to reduce infrastructure redundancy.
Companies can use Envision to expand on business analytics capabilities such as tracking product, customer and monetization trends. The platform can help identify new opportunities and provide insights to improve business models including the ability to identify top APIs by usage, monetization, app type, platform or channel.
API owners can analyze API licenses and usage as a means to better understand developer and partner onboarding. Operationally, Envision can be used to analyze how infrastructure responds to requests from different devices, locations and request types. Companies can gain the ability to manage quality-of-service of their APIs, oversee quota usage and troubleshoot and react to problems before they can adversely impact their business.
Companies can monitor activity for specific partners, apps developers and evaluate their impact on a business. Users can analyze which aspects of APIs are being adopted, which devices or apps are being built against APIs, study reasons for defections and reveal insights from this analysis to improve APIs and create best practices for developers to avoid common pitfalls with APIs.
The platform also provides the ability to monitor operations of API infrastructure and manage levels of uptime. The platform can monitor system and operational performance, including how backend applications and network respond to load. Companies can analyze how infrastructure responds to requests from different devices, locations and request types.
Envision highlights include:
- Data Lake.
- Data enrichment with Map Reduce, R Analytics and custom plug-ins.
- Policy-based data collection for regulatory and security compliance.
- Out-of-the-box reports and dashboards.
- Data import from external sources.
- Capability to export to external analytics tools for further analysis.
Read more: https://www.akana.com/solution/business-analytics-...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more