AdMob Releases Two new App Advertising Formats
|Stuart Parkerson in Marketing & Promotion Tuesday, December 8, 2015|
Google’s AdMob has launched two new immersive ad formats – Trial Run Ads and Interactive Interstitial ads. Currently in beta, Interactive Interstitials show on Android and iOS apps and Trial Run Ads show on Android apps.
Trial Run Ads are an app ad format that lets a potential user play a game within an ad as a way to create interest to install the app. Users play a game for up to 60 seconds by streaming content from the app before downloading. The intent of the immersive demo is to increase the likelihood that an install is coming from someone who enjoys playing the game. Users get to try the game before going through the download process, and app developers attract better qualified users who’ve chosen the game based on their experiences in the app.
AdMob is also launching new Interactive Interstitial ads, which are HTML5 ads that offer a customized user experience tailored to each advertiser's app. These ads provide the ability to use HTML5 instead of standard templates and pull in data dynamically. Interactive Interstitials provide:
- Unique testing and optimization capabilities
- The opportunity to bring a piece of the app experience to the user before download
- New brand building possibilities
With Interactive Interstitials, ad customization can be as large or small as desired and can activities as simple as adjusting standard templates all the way to developing a fully custom creative. Through greater control over layout and interaction, developers can A/B test and try various CTAs (calls-to-action) to increase conversions.
Read more: https://www.google.com/admob/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more