PhoneGap Releases PhoneGap Developer App
Friday, April 25, 2014
PhoneGap has introduced the new PhoneGap Developer App, which can help lower the barrier of entry to creating PhoneGap applications. Users can now immediately preview an app on a device without installing platform SDKs, registering devices, or even compiling code. The app is available on iOS, Android and soon for Windows Phone.
The app provides the ability to develop locally, then to see the changes instantly on a mobile device. Developers have full access to the official PhoneGap APIs (including device APIs that aren't available in web browsers) and there is no need to re-sign, re-compile, or reinstall an app to test code.
To get started installthe latest version of the PhoneGap CLI and then install the PhoneGap Developer App. The PhoneGap Developer app is compatible with existing PhoneGap and Apache Cordova projects.
To pair the CLI and developer an app the CLI starts a tiny web server to serve the project. Then, the PhoneGap Developer App connects to that server. Once paired, developers can freely add, edit, and remove files from a project. Every saved change will automatically update the preview displayed in the PhoneGap Developer App.
Read more: http://phonegap.com/blog/2014/04/23/phonegap-devel...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more