Oracle Releases 24 New Cloud Services
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Oracle has expanded its Oracle Cloud Platform offerings with more than 24 new cloud services for SaaS, PaaS and IaaS. These include Oracle Database Cloud - Exadata, Oracle Archive Storage Cloud, Oracle Big Data Cloud, Oracle Integration Cloud, Oracle Mobile Cloud, and Oracle Process Cloud.
The Oracle Cloud Platform helps customers build new applications, extend existing ones, and move existing on-premises workloads to the cloud with no application changes. The services are designed to maximize end user experience and productivity; enable developers to manage and analyze data, develop, test and deploy applications; enable architects to integrate across on-premises and cloud applications; and enable business users to access business insights and enterprise collaboration.
The new Oracle Cloud Platform and Infrastructure services include:
- Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service provides the ability to run Oracle databases in the cloud with the same functionality, performance and availability of on-premises Oracle Exadata-based production databases. Oracle databases deployed in the cloud as part of this service are 100 percent compatible with those that are deployed on-premises, enabling a smooth migration to the cloud, as well as a seamless transition to a hybrid cloud strategy.
- Oracle Archive Storage Cloud Service provides storage for applications and workloads that require long-term retention. As a “deep cloud” archive, the Archive Storage Cloud is suited for infrequently accessed large-scale data sets, such as corporate financial records, medical and pharmaceutical archives, cultural preservation content, insurance records and digital film masters. The service, backed by enterprise-grade SLAs, enables organizations to access archived documents and data sets using industry-standard APIs, and integration with Oracle and third-party backup, archival and preservation software. It also provides an additional tier for on-premises Oracle storage systems, including ZS Series, FS Series and Oracle StorageTek tape solutions.
- Oracle Big Data Cloud Service and Big Data SQL Cloud Service provides a high-performance, secure platform for running diverse workloads on Hadoop and NoSQL databases to help enterprises acquire and organize Big Data. Combined with the new Big Data SQL Cloud, Oracle Big Data Cloud extends Oracle’s implementation of SQL to Hadoop and NoSQL, providing users with a big data management system in an enterprise cloud.
- Oracle Integration Cloud Service simplifies integration between the cloud and on-premises Oracle and third-party applications. New features, such as pre-built integrations and embedded best practice recommendations, provide a new application integration experience. The Integration Cloud provides simple and intuitive application integration that combines business users’ ease-of-use requirements with the mission-critical foundation of Oracle SOA Suite.
- Oracle Mobile Cloud Service simplifies enterprise mobility by removing the complexity in the mobile backend infrastructure. A next-generation Mobile Back-end as a Service (MBaaS), the Mobile Cloud allows developers to rapidly develop and deploy mobile apps integrated with an enterprise-grade backend cloud infrastructure. Mobile app integration, mobile APIs and security are abstracted from developers, allowing them to collaborate develop and deliver mobile apps that run on any device and meet any business need. Additionally, with built-in mobile analytics, companies can gain insights into mobile app usage and adoption and personalize engagements.
- Oracle Process Cloud Service enables business users to innovate and deliver process applications independent of IT. With a zero-code, cloud-based process automation platform, the Process Cloud allows business users to manage the entire lifecycle of business processes and gain insight on process health and SLAs. Business users use the service to deliver mobile workflows, automate manual processes, and customize SaaS applications.
Read more: https://cloud.oracle.com/home
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more