Many expect Facebook to fail as they shift toward Metaverse
|Brittany Hainzinger in Metaverse Thursday, March 9, 2023|
BanklessTimes.com has revealed its findings from its research around Facebook's Metaverse attempts, 2000 adults were surveyed in the US, 44% of them believe Facebook will fail as they shift their focus to the Metaverse, and 47% of respondents thought Facebook was wasting its money on the Metaverse.
Over the past few years, the Metaverse has proven to be a controversial topic, with some embracing the technological development and others shunning the idea of it. Particularly, Facebook's Metaverse has caused a division in opinions, with many questioning its capability in creating its own.
47% of respondents expect Facebook to fail as they shift toward the Metaverse
That's why, at BanklessTimes.com, we decided to conduct our own research into the opinions surrounding Facebook's Metaverse attempts by surveying 2000 US adults who use social media more than once a week.
- 47% of respondents think Facebook is wasting its money on the Metaverse.
- Similarly, 44% believe their Metaverse will fail.
- More than half trust Facebook (53%) and Google (51%) to build Metaverses.
- Whilst less than a third trust Tesla and less than a quarter trust TikTok.
- More than 1 in 10 reports not trusting any of the companies listed to build a Metaverse.
- Millennials were the age group that reported the most trust in Facebook to build a metaverse at 54%.
- Whilst Gen Z trusted Google the most at 52%.
- More than 1 in 5 men view the Metaverse positively, in comparison to less than 2 in 5 women.
"The metaverse has become fact, and it's transforming our perception of the world and the way we participate in it. We can experience it simultaneously with an unlimited number of other people while retaining our individual presence," commented Jonathan Merry, CEO of BanklessTimes.com.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more