Are App Developers Planning to Charge Current Users for iOS7 Apps
|Stuart Parkerson in iOS Wednesday, September 18, 2013|
Continuing on our series spotlighting commentary within the app development industry on iOS7 and the new iPhone, we point you to an article posing just this question written by Alex Heath in his Cult of Mac post “App Developers Double Dip by Charging For iOS 7 Updates.”
In the article he highlights developers who have decided to charge all users for their new iOS7 app, even those previous app users who have already paid. While most apps utilize a freemium model, developers with paid apps could generate a new revenue stream from an established customer base. It’s a slippery slope between expectations of users to continue to receive updates from an app they have already paid for and developer’s needs to maximize revenue.
Read more: http://www.cultofmac.com/245431/app-developers-cha...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more