Appdome extends its platform to accelerate mobile management
|Christian Hargrave in Enterprise Wednesday, December 6, 2017|
Enterprise mobility suite has been expanded by Appodome to provide enterprises methods for mobile device management.
The Appdome Mobility Suite extends EMM systems, allowing EMM and MDM (mobile device management) solutions to reach mobile apps that include latency-sensitive VoIP services, legacy frameworks, background intensive operations, push notifications and more. The Mobility Suite also allows users to create walled gardens for native text, calls and contacts, going beyond EMM services.
“Enterprise customers are demanding feature sets that go beyond standard MDM and EMM,” notes Tom Tovar, Appdome’s CEO. “EMM systems must also work with any app built in any environment. The Appdome Mobility Suite codifies the UEM best practices we’ve gained from working with our customers.”
To use Appdome’s new services, users simply select the desired functionality in the Appdome Mobility Suite and fuse the needed features to apps. For instance, an enterprise deploying a third-party mobile application such as Jive or Jabber, may want web viewing to occur inside the EMM’s secure browser instead of the app’s native built-in browser. By choosing “secure browsing” from within the Appdome Mobility Suite, the app is connected to the secure web browsing service, allowing app users access to a secure browser when browsing web links.
Appdome Mobility Suite features includes:
- Dynamic Encryption and Container Management: A system of techniques that encrypt and manage all files created after provisioning, using keys and EMM secret tokens to optimize encryption based on app’s data usage and feature set
- Adaptive App Routing: A system that allows latency sensitive framework sets such as VoIP to leverage the native routing protocol in an app, while routing all remaining traffic and events via the EMM tunnel
- Legacy Background/Push: Enables pre-iOS 9 legacy background methods to co-exist with EMM implementations so that mobile end users still receive push notifications
- Jailbreak/Root Detection by Appdome: Allows enterprises to implement, and mobile apps to benefit from, Jailbreak/Root detection from both an EMM and Appdome combined
- Universal App Scaling: Adjusts apps to automatically scale with different devices
- Connect Secure Browser: Connects EMM vendor’s secure browser to the app, so that web links open in the EMM’s secure browser (not the native browser built into the app)
- Connect Secure Email: Connects EMM vendor’s Email Client to the app, so that email-links open in the EMM’s Email Client (not the native email client built into the app)
- Prohibit Document Sharing: Disables document sharing in the app, including Open-In, Print, Copy, Air-Drop and Save to Camera
- Prohibit Local Contacts: Disables app access to local contacts
- In-App Calls Only: Enables in app, local use for calls
- In-App Messages Only: Enables in app, local use for messages and texts
“Because not all SDKs and apps are built alike, a huge disparity between SDK and app capabilities naturally exists,” says Avi Yehuda, CTO of Appdome. “By bridging the gap to allow an EMM SDK to operate in multiple app environments, and allowing any app to work with the EMM SDK of choice, Appdome is uniquely enabling enterprises to embrace unified endpoint management as part of their digital transformation.”
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.