The mobile gaming industry meets blockchain
Friday, November 17, 2017
Mobile gaming market place to be enhanced by the advent and integration of blockchain.
Dragonfly and DECENT have come together to bring blockchain to the gaming industry. Together, they are set to tackle some common challenges by creating an innovative digital marketplace solution. The mobile gaming industry is evolving rapidly Dragonfly has called on DECENT to help develop a new and fully integrated blockchain-based marketplace.
Like the sound of a blockchain-based gaming marketplace? “Dragonfly has teamed up with DECENT to develop a fully integrated system to bring blockchain to millions of gamers around the globe,” said Kalvin Feng, CEO of Dragonfly. “Our cooperation will bring all the advantages of blockchain technology to e-gaming. It’s gonna be a real gamechanger.”
“We’re so pleased to have announced our partnership with Dragonfly at Unchained, which will be a force in bringing blockchain to the gaming industry,” said Matej Michalko, Founder, President of DECENT. “We’re looking forward to developing a secure, automated, and transparent blockchain marketplace, to completely disrupt how items are exchanged in gaming.”
Dragonfly problems to be resolve by using DCore:
- Advertising Inefficiencies: In China, 20% of video is paid per view and 80% is ad supported. Currently there are a number inefficiencies in the system when monetizing ads. Blockchain tech makes it possible to reward both the viewer and the host while providing much more accurate data for the advertisers.
- Offline Access: Gamers want to play their games offline, with a staggering 60% of Dragonfly games being played offline. So DRM (digital rights management) needs to be handled at the point of sale (or download). DCore uses encrypted keys to access data, without the keys the data cannot be located and downloaded. DCore also allows digital property tokens to be issued and automatically checked behind the scenes to further protect author rights without getting in the way of user experience.
- Market Data and Analysis: Nowadays, a software developer has to rely on the marketplace in order to receive exact statistics, about downloads and sales. 3rd party data providers, like App Annie, are incredibly costly with pricing plans starting at around 12k/year. Without such services newer apps will have a tough time competing against established moguls.
- SMS payments: Perhaps, the biggest hit comes from SMS payments. Mobile operators generally take a huge 50-70% commission from the price paid by the user; furthermore, it can often take 4-6 months to collect payments and deliver them to game developers. Since SMS payments offer consumers the path of least resistance, Dragonfly sees this as an unavoidable cost for attracting new players to their marketplace. But, what if new users had a method of payment that was as easy as an SMS payment, but collection was instant and there was no commission? DCore provides the framework to make this possible and solving this particular issue will be of top priority.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more