Stopping mobile ad fraud
|Richard Harris in iOS Sunday, February 12, 2017|
The report goes on to address an array of other very interesting topics like how to fight ad fraud and in what countries it tends to happen the most in. They also provide a nice set of infographics to help readers achieve a better understanding of the problems that the advertising industry is facing.
Below are some of their key findings:
- Fraudsters work when you don’t: ClicksMob found that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were the most targeted days for attempted fraudulent advertising, with Fridays drawing 18% of total attempts.
- Gaming apps are the most attractive apps for fraudsters: Of the top 5 most targeted verticals, gaming claimed 39% of the total fraud attempts, double that of the runner-up, LifeStyle. With higher payouts because the user lifetime value is longer, gaming apps are a much more attractive target for fraudsters.
- Fraudsters favor leisure apps: The data suggests that the top 5 verticals most targeted by ad fraud are: Games, Lifestyle, Shopping, Travel & Local, and Sports.
- Fraudsters aim the most at apps downloaded in Japan: Out of the countries most targeted by ad fraud, Android-based fraudulent attempts in Japan accounted for 12% of the total detected fraudulent activity. On iOS, fraudulent traffic attempts in Japan accounted for 11% out of the total detected fraudulent activity.
- The top 5 most targeted countries by fraudsters vary by device type: For Apple iOS, the report has identified Japan, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Singapore and the United States as the top 5 most targeted by fraudsters. For Android, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, United States and United Kingdom make up the most targeted by fraudsters.
- iOS is more prone to fraudulent traffic attempts than Android: According to the fraud attempts detected by ClicksMob’s Fraud Fighter, iOS was 50% percent more prone to fraudulent traffic than Android.
This guide titled, "100 Questions and Answers to help you land your Dream iOS Job" can help you through some further questions related to landing a job related to iOS. With 100 Questions and Answers categorized by seniority and with reviews from some of the top iOS engineers worldwide, this book will level up how you make interviews for your favorite platform.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Inside the buds, there is a newly-designed H1 chip which Apple has built specifically for the headphones. It improves connectivity pairing times, the efficiency of the battery life, and allows for hands-free "Hey Siri" functionality. New for the AirPods 2019 is the wireless charging case for the earbuds, which means you can use Qi-compatible charging mats to power the case without having to stick a cable in.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.