HTML to PDF gets even easier with PhantomPDF 8.2
|Richard Harris in API Tuesday, January 17, 2017|
Foxit Software has announced the availability of PhantomPDF 8.2, an enterprise-ready PDF solution offering powerful new collaboration, sharing and self-help tools.
PhantomPDF, which replaces more expensive and less innovative solutions in the enterprise, also comes with ConnectedPDF technology, providing a range of cloud-delivered capabilities to improve document security, tracking, synchronization, and more.
Key improved features in PhantomPDF 8.2 include:
- Improved Action Wizard with save as options
- The ability to create linearized PDFs that can be reviewed as it downloads
- Generate PDFs directly from CAD files using the file¹s right click menu
- Enhancements around creating a PDF from multiple source files
- The ability to select specific sections of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files when creating a PDF
- Improved workflow to configure integrations with online file management systems like Box and Dropbox and enterprise content management (ECM) systems
- The ability to preview non-PDF files stored on cloud or ECM systems in PhantomPDF by temporarily converting them to PDF files
- Context-sensitive help that includes a help center and search function
- Improved HTML to PDF conversion including convert entire websites and convert web content with access control protection
- Added a comment dashboard to connected review to track and manage all comments made in a review session
PhantomPDF 8.2 also offers enhancements to Foxit's ConnectedPDF solution, a breakthrough technology that leverages the power of the cloud to bring new levels of accountability, collaboration, and productivity to the creation, sharing, and tracking of PDF documents worldwide. To enable improved collaboration, PhantomPDF 8.2 added a comment dashboard where users can track and view all comments made to a document in a connected review session. ConnectedPDF is integrated into all Foxit PDF products including desktop, as well as mobile and web APPs.