Isagenix deploys Actifio to build higher quality applications faster
|Richard Harris in DevOps Friday, December 16, 2016|
Isagenix is a rapidly growing e-Commerce company that provides systems for weight loss, energy, performance, and healthy aging. With more than 570,000 members worldwide it produces 100s of products, packs, and systems for healthy living. As a global company operating in 13 countries, It was struggling to build and launch new applications to support its double-digit annual revenue growth.
In order to keep pace with business growth, it needed to speed up its application development processes, which relied on creating multiple copies of production data running on mirrored infrastructure. In many instances, this resulted in a process taking up to a full week just to create the data needed to develop and test applications.
In its effort to speed up its development processes, it looked for a solution that could help with three things: quickly spinning up new environments, running smoothly in existing infrastructures, and simplifying and expediting the DevOps work streams and process. With Actifio, Isagenix now rapidly produces the needed copies of production data, but without all of the duplicate infrastructure.
"We knew what we were looking for, and we found that and more with Actifio," said Erl Egestad, Vice President of Architecture at Isagenix. "It used to take one week to gain access to our data. We were hoping to get it down to one day. With Actifio, we can now access copies of production data in 30-40 minutes, and prepare a full environment in about three hours."
- Created versatile DevOps services that achieve better, faster, application cycle times
- Introduced an automated continuum from development to test to QA
- Direct positive business impacts through rapid, high confidence solutions deployments
- Reduced costs for hardware, software and licensing for internal application test and development environments
Test and Development
- Near-instant access to production data
- Accelerated Dev/Test services providing high-quality development and testing resources
- Ability to test solutions against production data in a non-production environment
- Capability to automate or manually test against production environment data at will
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.