Xignite announces the ability to license their Market Data Cloud platform
|Richard Harris in Cloud Services Tuesday, November 8, 2016|
The Xignite Market Data Cloud is a cloud-based market data distribution solution that helps exchanges and financial data vendors distribute their data via massively scalable APIs from the Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud. The solution allows market data to remain stored in the cloud and be consumed only when, and, as needed. The Xignite solution enables exchanges, data vendors, index companies and other data originators in the $26 billion market data space to quickly upgrade or replace legacy distribution technology, while drastically reducing their infrastructure costs. Customers can deploy and independently operate the Xignite platform in their own cloud environments.
Today, most real-time and reference data is distributed via proprietary terminals, such as the Bloomberg Professional, legacy data feeds, such as those offered by Thomson Reuters, or flat files over FTP. These legacy approaches are infrastructure-heavy and require firms to replicate the market data inside their data centers at great expense. The solution helps customers such financial institutions and fintech companies innovate while drastically reducing their infrastructure costs.
Xignite is a pioneer of market data in the cloud, introducing its first pure-pay commercial REST API in 2003 and its first AWS-powered API in 2008. The firm serves more than 1 trillion API requests per year and usage is growing by more than 300% year on year.
The Market Data Cloud supports:
- Delivery of data via cloud-based REST APIs (CloudAPIs), HTTP streaming to end-user devices (CloudStreaming), HTML5 widgets (CloudWidgets), cloud-based files delivered to AWS S3 accounts (CloudFiles), and market event alerts (CloudAlerts).
- Instruments in every financial asset class (equities, ETFs, mutual funds, fixed income, FX, futures, options and other derivatives)
- Delivery of real-time data, historical time series data, fundamental data, tick data and reference data from global markets.
Read more: http://www.xignite.com
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more