Survey reveals enterprises gamble on customer satisfaction
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Sunday, October 30, 2016|
The survey found that nearly 70 percent of IT decision makers and developers agree that reliable database transactions and database consistency are most important to customer-facing operations, with 60 percent saying it would improve customer satisfaction. In fact, nearly 40 percent of respondents are more afraid of learning about an app's inconsistency issues and/or data reliability issues from an angry customer than they are of finding out from their boss or others within their organizations. Despite the importance of customer-facing operations, only 58 percent of organizations consider having reliable transactions critically important to their business.
- Only half of organizations (53 percent) believe the most important part of their operational business applications is that they use immediately consistent and accurate data.
- Still, businesses acknowledge that applying inconsistent data to business analytics risks serious customer service and satisfaction issues (62 percent), negative impact on the brand (53 percent) and financial loss (47 percent).
- Respondents report that unreliable customer transaction data would both impact future customer interactions (51 percent) and could negatively impact customer retention altogether (36 percent).
- Nearly 75 percent of respondents say data consistency is the top priority over speed/time to market (21 percent) for their organization – despite 45 percent saying they would move forward with a design approach that could not guarantee consistent results to accelerate time to market.
- Although 43 percent of respondents say their operations are dependent on reliable transactions and consistent data all of the time, only seven percent of operations are actually conducted with consistent and accurate data all of the time.
- While 95 percent of respondents say they are taking action to ensure data consistency and accuracy, 64 percent say they rely on the application developer to do so – leaving room for human error.
Read more: https://www.voltdb.com/data-consistency-vs-consume...
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.