OutSystems 10 launches as a new option for low-code app development
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Wednesday, October 5, 2016|
OutSystems 10 addresses two huge problems enterprises face with their mobile app strategy:
2) The scarcity of mobile development skills needed to build enterprise-grade, cross-platform apps.
The latest release from OutSystems extends the platform’s comprehensive application development capabilities for on-premises and cloud-based environments.
Here are seven new capabilities with this latest release:
- Visually drag and drop all the components of mobile apps: user interface, backend integrations, business logic, and more.
- Build once - run anywhere, with a single code base that can be deployed on iOS and Android platforms.
- Create high-performance user experiences with smooth, sub-80 millisecond response times. OutSystems 10 includes an extensive library of optimized, beautiful UX widgets and the ability to add custom code with pixel-perfect control.
- Incorporate native device capabilities and sensors without writing any code: cameras, touch ID, motion, and more. Drag and drop sensor functionality into models to create immersive user experiences.
- Build sophisticated and secure offline experiences with on-device business logic without having to worry about the underlying plumbing. Support any offline scenario from simple offline data caching to the most complex offline data access and synchronization.
- Simplify deployment with time-saving features: test apps instantly on any device, package apps for the app store with a single click, and update apps automatically over the network.
- Reduce the backlog for mobile app development. Developers can go from zero to highly productive in just a few weeks.
"OutSystems 10 is a breakthrough release for us and the industry," stated Paulo Rosado, OutSystems CEO. "Our customers have already been using our platform to fuel innovation with amazing web apps, portals, and core systems. By adding advanced mobile capabilities, we’re now the only low-code platform that can support the entire scope of digital transformation initiatives within the enterprise."
Read more: https://www.outsystems.com
Learn the basics of blockchain technology. No mathematical formulas, program code, or computer science jargon are used. No previous knowledge in computer science, mathematics, programming, or cryptography is required. Terminology is explained through pictures, analogies, and metaphors.
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.