Adaptiva has the results from its 2016 Windows 10 Enterprise Adoption Survey which polled over 300 IT professionals about the Windows 10 Anniversary OS release.
The survey was intended to provide high-level data around adoption rates and the IT department impact of Windows 10 migrations. It also analyzed the potential impact of Microsoft’s Windows 10 Second Anniversary Update, ongoing barriers to adoption, and the effect Microsoft’s more rapid software release schedule is having on IT departments.
On the lack of urgency about Windows 10 migration, the survey showed 76% of the respondents said the anniversary update is not increasing their sense of urgency to move to Windows 10. Only 30% of those working in enterprises with over 10,000 personnel, acknowledge it is encouraging them to migrate sooner.
It’s not all doom and gloom for Windows 10, however. The survey did show that 64% of respondents expect to migrate to Windows 10 within the next year to gain access to the newest Windows 10 security features, such as enterprise data protection, Device Guard, Credential Guard, and security auditing, incentives for migration.
Additional findings include:
- Early adopters are showing confidence in the new operating system once it is deployed, with 52% expressing plans to have more than half of their systems migrated in the next year.
- 65% of respondents rated the move to Windows 10 to be somewhat to extremely challenging.
- System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr) is the top deployment tool of choice with 83% overall use, and at 90% usage in large enterprises.
- For updates, 56% are utilizing Current Branch for Business with 22% using Long Term Servicing Branch.
- For ongoing updates, more respondents are using SCCM Windows 10 upgrade task sequences (42%) than offline servicing features (29%).
- 41% of respondents are actively resisting the move by using software to prevent or disable Windows 10 installation citing compatibility of legacy apps (68%) and time constraints (62%). 82% of these respondents reporting that they are receiving notifications about once a week to upgrade.
Read more: http://www2.adaptiva.com/l/139131/2016-07-29/kv67c
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.