VMware Launches New Functionality to Hybrid Cloud Management Platform
|Stuart Parkerson in Cloud Services Sunday, February 14, 2016|
VMware has updated its hybrid cloud management platform with the introduction of VMware vRealize Suite 7 offering new releases of VMware vRealize Operations, VMware vRealize Log Insight, VMware vRealize Automation 7 and VMware vRealize Business for Cloud 7. The suite's new product updates also offer new pricing and packaging enhancements.
The VMware vRealize Suite provides companies with the ability to provision and manage at scale including compute, storage, network and application services across hybrid cloud environments. The platform's management capabilities for the software-defined data center help customers to address three common use cases based on thousands of customer engagements:
- Intelligent Operations Management: Enables IT teams to address health, performance and capacity management of IT services across heterogeneous and hybrid cloud environments in order to improve IT service performance and availability.
- Automated IT to Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Enables IT teams to automate the delivery and ongoing management of IT infrastructure in order to reduce the time it takes to respond to requests for IT resources by providing self-service access to those resources by IT and business users.
- DevOps-ready IT: Enables IT teams to build a cloud for development teams that can deliver a complete application stack; support developer choice in the form of both API and GUI access to resources; and provision resources across a hybrid cloud. IT can further extend the solution scope by addressing continuous delivery with VMware vRealize Code Stream to further speed up application delivery.
The suite combines VMware's cloud automation, cloud operations and cloud business management solutions into an integrated platform that enables IT to deliver unified services.
VMware vRealize Suite 7 features new and currently available product releases:
- VMware vRealize Operations 6.2: Builds upon the intelligent workload placement capabilities to help companies save time while enabling enhanced application and infrastructure performance. The solution introduces new intelligent workload placement capabilities including tight integration with VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
- VMware vRealize Log Insight 3.3: Introduces a number of backend and operational enhancements. This release introduces Simple Query API for integration into existing processes and Web Hooks support for third-party application integration.
- VMware vRealize Automation 7: Offers unified service blueprint capabilities that simplify and accelerate the delivery of integrated multi-tier applications with application-centric networking and security across clouds.
- VMware vRealize Business for Cloud 7 - Formerly vRealize Business Standard Edition, this solution increases transparency and control over the costs and quality of IT services on-premises or in the public cloud.
VMware has also introduced a new Standard Edition of the vRealize Suite. This new edition includes all of the capabilities necessary to address intelligent operations management for infrastructure. It delivers management analytics that address health, performance and capacity management across all infrastructure domains of a heterogeneous, hybrid cloud. It also includes log analysis capabilities. The VMware vRealize Suite is also available in Advanced and Enterprise Editions. All VMware vRealize Suite editions are hybrid in nature.
Also announced is a Portable Licensing Unit (PLU) which offer VMware vRealize Suite users the flexibility to manage workloads regardless if they run on VMware vSphere, third-party hypervisors, physical servers or on supported public clouds such as VMware vCloud Air, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, all without licensing switching or conversion.
Read more: http://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-suite/