SOTI MobiControl 13.0 Release Offers Greater Mobile Device Management Functionality
Monday, January 18, 2016
SOTI has introduced SOTI MobiControl 13.0, the latest version of SOTI’s MobiControl enterprise mobility management solution. This latest iteration of the product offers greater integration with any device form factor, more consistent user experiences across all devices, and the ability to help companies support the next-generation Internet of Things (IoT) connected devices.
SOTI MobiControl offers open APIs so that companies can integrate device management functions into business workflows in the areas of device inventory management, data migration and device lifecycle management. This will allow third-parties including enterprise developers, value-added resellers and systems integrators integrate management features into their custom workflow environments.
Updates in SOTI MobiControl 13.0 include a redesigned self-service portal, improvements to how line of business apps are deployed, and a variety of third-party enhancements.
Other Highlights include:
- Integration APIs: SOTI MobiControl 13.0 includes a set of RESTful web service APIs to enable developers to manage devices, users, and system properties. The integration APIs allow enterprise developers, system integrators, and value added resellers to integrate device management functions into business workflows in the areas of device inventory management, data migration and device lifecycle management.
- Windows 10 Enhancement: In MobiControl 13.0, SOTI has extended Windows 10 support to include Windows 10 Mobile, in addition to the already supported Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Home. New features help improve security and management of all Windows endpoints, including smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops. Users will see a consistent device management experience across all Windows 10 endpoints, and they can enroll mobile devices wherever they are located through Microsoft Azure Active Directory authentication.
- Android for Work Enhancements: With MobiControl 13.0, SOTI provides additional Google Android for Work support for corporately-owned personally-enabled (COPE), corporate-owned business only (COBO), and special purpose devices. This version also adds Kiosk Mode to lock a device to an app (Android M and higher). Now businesses can harmonize mobility management across BYOD and corporate liable devices and enjoy the benefits of MobiControl and Android for Work, while providing users a wider selection of compatible Android devices.
- Packages via Profiles: Now, with MobiControl 13.0, IT administrators can leverage SOTI MobiControl powerful Profiles configuration tool to better manage applications, content and scripts on a device via Packages. This enhancement helps IT deliver everything users might need to get their devices up and running quickly, and features self-service capabilities so users can select when settings, applications and content are updated. This additional automation reduces IT costs and helps lower deployment errors while giving IT improved visibility and insight of application and content deployment.
- SONY Device Extended Management Capabilities: New device management features include silent app installation, so IT administrators can install required applications to user devices without their help. It also offers improved management of user credentials to Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync or Nitrodesk Touchdown. It also provides rooting status (logging), disable cellular data and disable NFC when needed, providing for a more secure mobile deployment for enterprises using SONY devices, particularly in areas where security is paramount such as finance, healthcare and automotive.
Read more: http://www.soti.net/products/mobicontrol/overview/...
IDVoice biometric security update has been released Friday, June 22, 2018
The role of the mainframe in digital transformation Friday, June 22, 2018
Building native mobile apps with Creo Thursday, June 21, 2018
Machine data and SQL database release from Crate.io Thursday, June 21, 2018
Postgres support has been unvieled for Toad Edge Thursday, June 21, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you