Posted 1/6/2016 12:25:42 PM by RICHARD HARRIS, Executive Editor
The Windows Dev Center team has relaunched Coding4Fun with new content for the Universal Windows Platform. Coding4Fun is a site within the Windows Dev Center that’s offers fun and interesting code samples that feature the APIs available on the Universal Windows Platform. The site offers different, unique, and time-saving capabilities as you noodle around the project based content.
Coding4Fun includes complete source code provided under the MIT open-source license, and documentation on how to build the sample. Developers can build projects or simply run the sample to take a look at the build process. There are currently three projects posted with more in the pipeline that will offer a variety of project types ranging in complexity.
Here are the projects available now:
FaceTheremin provides an opportunity to create original music by moving your face (or multiple faces) to different positions in a camera’s view. The app uses face detection on a live video stream to trigger musical events by using new media API’s. FaceTheremin features the following APIs:
- FaceTracker: Detects faces in VideoFrame objects and tracks faces across subsequent video frames.
- AudioGraph class: Parent of all nodes that make up the graph.
- MediaCapture class: Provides functionality for capturing photos, audio, and videos from a capture device, such as a webcam.
MusicServer is a music streaming app designed to simultaneously play a single track on many Windows 10 machines. It contains code to run on both a publisher, which sends out the music, and a subscriber, which uses a virtual speaker to play it. MusicServer features the following APIs:
- Windows.Networking.Connectivity namespace: Retrieves connection profiles that provide connectivity, usage, and data plan information for established network connections. This data can be used by a connected application to take appropriate action when operating in challenging network scenarios or abiding by data plan limits set by a network provider.
- Windows.Networking.Sockets namespace: Provides sockets and WebSockets classes to use for network communications and classes for real-time network notifications received in the background for Windows Store apps.
- Windows.Storage.Streams namespace: Provides support for reading to and writing from sequential and random access streams.
- MediaPlayer class: Provides access to media playback functionality such as play, pause, fast-forward, rewind, and volume.
CardReader provides the ability to create new contacts by capturing Media Elements from a live camera. It extracts text using OCR and integrates it into the People app. CardReader features the following APIs:
- OcrEngine class:; Provides optical character recognition (OCR) functionality.
- DeviceInformation class: Allows access to well-known device properties as well as additional properties specified during device enumeration.
ContactManager class: Represents a service that source apps can call to access contact data.
Read More https://dev.windows.com/en-us/projects...