Xamarin 4 Adds Platform Improvements to Create Cross-Platform Apps
Monday, November 23, 2015
Xamarin has released Xamarin 4 offering enhancements to the companies cross platform development platform including additions to the Xamarin Test Cloud and the new Xamarin Insights real-time app monitoring service.
New improvements include functionality for developing iOS apps in Visual Studio, Mono/.NET upgrades, improvements to Xamarin’s iOS and Android designers, a new Xamarin Test Recorder preview tool for mobile UI testing, and Xamarin.UITest C# testing framework for advanced testing. Other new features include:
- iOS Apps in Visual Studio: Connect to a Mac to develop, build, debug, and deploy applications using rebuilt support for developing iOS apps from Visual Studio.
- XIB Launch Screens: Support multiple iOS form factors with a XIB-based launch screen using the designer.
- tvOS with Xamarin: Apple’s tvOS is based on iOS, but has a number of key UI and framework differences which are leveraged with Xamarin 4.
- Creating iOS Extensions: Allow apps to create a rich inter-app experience by passing documents and context between them.
- Android Material Design in Xamarin.Forms: Android Material Design is Google’s new design language and Xamarin.Forms now supports it.
- Xamarin Forms 2.0: Includes a number of new features and performance enhancements.
To learn more about the new features, developers can access free Xamarin 4 Lightning Lectures from Xamarin University.
Magento Progressive Web Applications (PWA) Studio marches in Wednesday, April 25, 2018
npm@6 package manager brings new security features Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Applitools raises $31M to advance visual AI Tuesday, April 24, 2018
How Blockchain is making an impact in healthcare Monday, April 23, 2018
Coinsource attempts to stop Bitcoin fraud Monday, April 23, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you