New Windows 10 (UWP) Package Submissions Provide Advanced App Usage Info
Wednesday, October 28, 2015
The Windows Development Team has released a new feature that provides app usage information to developers in the Windows Dev Center. This feature is included in all new Windows 10 (UWP) package submissions and provides increased reach into app analytics.
Developers can view a number of app usage statistics including user sessions, active users, session length, page views, and custom events created specifically for an app (for example how many times users reach a certain level in the game).
App developers are only provided aggregated statistics and not any information about individual users or devices. How to enable application usage:
- Build a UWP package in Visual Studio 2015.
- Select “Show telemetry in the Windows Dev Center” checkbox (which adds the Visual Studio Application Insights SDK to a project).
- All Windows 10 app submissions will include the telemetry SDK. For those who don’t want to use this feature, uncheck this box to disable app usage information.
- Developers who have an Azure subscription can select “Enable richer analytics with Application Insights” to see the data and do deeper analysis in the Azure portal.
- Submit the packages to the Store. Data will show up after users download the updated package and start using the app.
- View the report in the “Analytics/Usage” page in Dev Center.
Read more: https://dev.windows.com/en-us
Data visualization platform acquired by Puppet Monday, June 18, 2018
IBM expands of cloud capabilities to 18 new locations Monday, June 18, 2018
The first blockchain based smartphone coming to the US Monday, June 18, 2018
Use quantum computers over the cloud with ACQUA Friday, June 15, 2018
Karaoke singing app gets updated Thursday, June 14, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you