Intel INDE Lets You Develop iOS Apps in Android Studio
Tuesday, August 04, 2015
According to Intel, its new Multi-OS Engine feature of the Intel INDE development platform provides the ability for developers to create native mobile applications for iOS and Android with only Java expertise on Windows and/or OS X development machines.
INDE is Intel’s cross platform productivity suite for developing native mobile applications. INDE consists of a number of features including SDKs, performance libraries and development tools like compilers, debuggers and analyzers.
The New Multi-OS Engine is available as a stand-alone plug-in that can be integrated into Android Studio. App projects can be started as Android projects in Android Studio and the Multi-OS Engine configures the project to build and run as an iOS App on the iOS simulator that can be invoked from Android Studio.
Here is how the Multi-OS Engine development workflow works in Android Studio:
- Create an Android Project in Android Studio, include configuration for iOS app, and add the new configuration “Intel MOE iOS Application”.
- Design UI for iOS in XCode or MOE’s UI designer in Android Studio.
- Bind UI to Java using the NatJ runtime libraries.
- Android Studio is equipped with the Intellisense capabilities to bind the action handlers to the UI elements for iOS.
- Local build is supported on OS X development machines where iOS Simulators can be invoked. For Windows development systems, remote/cloud build is supported.
- iOS applications then can be run on the Simulator which is integrated into Android Studio by MOE configuration or directly on the device itself through USB debugging.
- Launch the app in App Store in iOS or Google Play Store for Android devices.
Reiterate the process aiming to reuse as much code as possible between these two apps.
Low code development platform gets an update from Filemaker Wednesday, May 16, 2018
New partnership emerges to simply IoT security Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Open source HarperDB database solution studio launched Wednesday, May 16, 2018
New demo shows 5G and 3D structured light technology Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Multi-cloud app network platform update launched by MuleSoft Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you