HP Releases LeanFT Application Continuous Testing and Continuous Delivery Platform
Monday, June 8, 2015
HP has released HP LeanFT, a new test automation solution which provides access for software developers and testers to continuous testing and continuous delivery methodologies to build, test, and deliver applications.
HP LeanFT is built specifically for continuous testing and continuous delivery, and fits into existing ecosystems (such as Microsoft TFS, GIT, and Subversion) and frameworks that support test driven and behavior driven development. It has test automation authoring with either C# or Java, and IDE integration.
Benefits of the new solution include:
- Faster time-to-market: HP LeanFT provides a comprehensive set of tools designed to accelerate test design and maintenance, including an Object Identification Center, used to automatically generate code and abstraction models used for applications under test.
- High predictability: HP LeanFT provides project templates for standard unit-testing frameworks, including NUnit, MSTest and JUnit, to improve collaboration and alignment between software developers and test automation engineers. This enables a reduction in the time needed to test applications, and allows developers to predict and identify defects earlier in the software development lifecycle.
- Lower costs: HP LeanFT fully integrates with and provides plugins for popular IDEs such as Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse. Tests are authored in the IDEs using C# (in Visual Studio) or Java (in Eclipse). This allows developers and testers to work in the same environments utilizing the same tools.
- Built-in security: In conjunction with HP LeanFT, HP Application Defender enables the rapid discovery of software vulnerabilities during both development and test phases, where code changes are less costly. Using runtime technology from HP Fortify, HP Application Defender does not require specialized security expertise and offers continuous, real-time vulnerability testing.
- Updated support: HP Enterprise Services has updated its Testing and Quality Assurance Services to support HP LeanFT projects. The new services help clients working in Agile and DevOps environments to deliver applications faster, cheaper, and with higher quality. The services expand HPES’ Testing and Assurance capabilities for identifying and eliminating defects in the application development lifecycle management process, ultimately helping businesses accelerate time to market and deliver winning applications.
HP LeanFT is integrated with HP Application Lifecycle Management, Quality Center, and Mobile Center. HP has also introduced major upgrades to its HP Unified Functional Testing and HP Business Process Testing products, including support for GIT integration as a repository option and scriptless keyword-driven testing.
HP LeanFT will be available in July 2015 as will be HP Unified Functional Testing 12.5 and HP Business Process Testing 12.5. Customers who upgrade to HP UFT 12.5 will receive HP LeanFT free of charge. HP Application Defender is available now for free on five pre-production application instances.
Read more: http://saas.hp.com
Adobe announces updates to Adobe XD Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Netmarble Corp releases Lineage 2: Revolution updates Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Changes to the way notifications work in iOS 12 you need to know Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Watch your step at Fog World Congress 2018 Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Cloud Native SDK for Kubernetes has been launched by Pulumi Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you