Alpha Software Launches Alpha Anywhere 2.0 for Building HTML5 and Hybrid Apps
Wednesday, April 09, 2014
Alpha Software has announced the release of Alpha Anywhere 2.0, a front-end to back-end, prototype-to-production environment for rapidly developing and deploying enterprise-level, cross-platform mobile and web business applications.
Alpha Anywhere 2.0 incorporates PhoneGap Build integration, enhanced security, built-in support for high-quality icons fonts and design elements, and new style templates that mirrors the latest iOS7 and Android look and feel. It is a single development and deployment environment with design, security, integration and administrative features designed to reduce development time and simplify the process of building HTML5 business applications and making them installable hybrid applications with full access to device hardware.
Alpha Anywhere makes it possible to create hybrid business apps with one click by fully automating the process of building Adobe PhoneGap apps by integrating the Adobe PhoneGap Build service, which assembles PhoneGap apps in the cloud from HTML5 and standardized native code. As a result, Alpha Anywhere preserves the benefits of HTML5 development and adds those benefits commonly found in native applications, such as exploiting hardware features like barcode scanners, local storage and contact lists.
Additional new enhancements in the latest release of Alpha Anywhere include:
- Built-in, Wizard-Driven Support for Industry Standard Icon Fonts makes it easy to choose and use high-quality icons and design elements that are rendered as fonts instead of requiring multiple bitmaps for different screen sizes and resolutions. Developers can choose from a wide variety of professionally designed icons, allowing them to get a polished look with little effort.
- Support for Cross-Domain Ajax Callbacks facilitates getting data from third-party services.
- Number Format Genie makes it easier to specify sophisticated numeric formatting for data displayed on the screen, such as currency, part numbers and more.
- New Web Application Security Genie makes it easier to configure the Alpha Anywhere security framework.
- New capability facilitates the use of cURL commands on the server, leveraging a popular library for accessing files using URL syntax.
- Enhancements to automate support of internationalized versions of applications.
- Enhancements to the List Control, including client-side group breaks, an index bar, and filtering and sorting, all of which enhance the display of lists.
- New Style Themes to support the iOS7 and Android look, which are in addition to the existing iOS6 and many desktop themes.
- New Quick Start Templates added to the Alpha Anywhere library.
Alpha Anywhere offers on-premise and cloud-based hosting, affordable licensing and low ongoing operational costs. The full version is available for a 30-day free trial.
Reshape the World Challenge launches to help the self-employed Wednesday, April 18, 2018
USC Games announces first student games expo Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Move data between the cloud and edge with Couchbase Mobile 2.0 Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Hazelcast Jet 0.6 promises better processing speeds Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Why developers run away from security updates Monday, April 16, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you