Xamarin iOS 9 Now in Preview
|Stuart Parkerson in iOS Wednesday, July 8, 2015|
Xamarin has released its first iOS 9 API preview release in Xamarin.iOS. This preview includes support for a number of features that developers can start using now.
Developers can download the iOS 9 Preview for Xamarin Studio directly from the Xamarin Developer site. Upcoming previews will add more support for iOS 9, including support for Visual Studio. In addition to the iOS 9 preview release, Xamarin has also published an iOS release to its update channels addressing two issues that cause many Xamarin apps to crash on startup on Apple’s OS preview for iOS 9.
To ensure published apps run smoothly on Apple’s iOS 9 public preview, Xamarin recommends downloading the latest release from its Stable updater channel and rebuild and resubmit apps to the App Store using Xcode 6. This will enable apps to run on the iOS 9 OS preview and ensure they are ready for the public release of iOS 9 this fall.
Known issues with the preview include:
- Developers cannot build and deploy watchOS 2 apps to Apple Watch devices with this release. (WatchKit is supported, as it has been since Xamarin.iOS 8.9)
- This release does not support OS X 10.11.
- New Xcode 7 features are not supported in this release.
- Visual Studio support for iOS 9 / Xcode 7 is not yet
Read more: http://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/platform_f...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more