Windows 10 Store Is Officially Open for Business for Developers
|Stuart Parkerson in Windows Mobile Friday, July 31, 2015|
On the launch of its biggest news in years, Microsoft is betting the farm that developers will flock to get their apps on the Windows 10 Store. The Windows Dev Center is open for business to accept Windows 10 app submissions for PC and mobile apps and soon for IoT, console and holographic offerings.
It is a new day for the Universal Windows Platform as Microsoft is not only pushing Windows 10 devices but encouraging developers to reuse code from other platforms to bring apps to Windows 10.
Microsoft is predicting that Windows 10 will reach of one billion Windows 10 devices over the next couple of years. To do this, Windows 10 is going to have to be loved by consumers and if it does, then it may be the new opportunity many app publishers have been looking for.
Read more: https://dev.windows.com/en-us/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more