Windows 10 IoT Core Supports New Raspberry Pi 3 Board
|Richard Harris in Windows Mobile Tuesday, March 1, 2016|
On the heals of the Raspberry Pi Foundation’s announcement of the availability of their the new Raspberry Pi 3, Microsoft has announced Windows 10 support for the new board through a new Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview update now available for download. The new Raspberry Pi 3 board is also available now in the Microsoft Store online.
The Windows 10 IoT Core is optimized for connected things and smaller devices (with or without a display) bringing Windows 10 to the Internet of Things. The platform offers enterprise grade security and servicing, automatic updates through Windows Update when connected to the Internet and the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) APIs that give apps control over system management features.
Since the announcement Windows 10 support for Raspberry Pi last year, Microsoft has updated the functionality including making it easier to connect a Windows 10 IoT Core device to the Internet by adding support for the official Raspberry Pi Wi-Fi dongle and other common Wi-Fi dongles.
Read more: http://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/Downloads.ht...
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more