Weekly Roundup: Apple Developer Outage, Jellybean 4.3, Amazon and Windows Phone, Unity and Blackberry 10, and GDC 2014
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Saturday, July 27, 2013|
From the Editors Desk
This weekend is the last weekend before the August issue release and there has been no shortage of news to cover! From the Apple outage, to the Android 4.3 Jellybean update this week has been one for the books! We won't be publishing a podcast this week, while put all of our efforts towards putting the finishing touches on the August issue, but we'll return early next week with the show and have lots to talk about. Also, We are looking for guests who want to be a part of the podcast show, so if you are interested in joining the show please let us know.
Top Stories for the week of 7/27/2013
Apple Developer Website Hacked!
In an unprecedented absence from the world, the Apple developer website (developer.apple.com) is going on a week of being offline to developers and the chatter is starting to come to a rumble as anxious apple developers await the re-opening of the portal that breathes life into many of their apps. It all started sometime last week when the developer website suddenly became inaccessible to tens of thousands of app developers around the world. I myself was in the middle of creating some new certificates when I noticed something had gone wrong. The official statement released by Apple over the weekend said there was a breach in some developers information - but not everyone was effected. Because of the security flaw found, they are rewritin... full story
- Mobiforms Announces Support of HTML5 Offline Apps
- Amazon Web Services Announces SDK Support for Windows Phone and Windows Store Apps
- Jellybean 4.3 is here!
- Many Apple Developer Services Return
- Oracle Announces 12c Releases of its Cloud Application Foundation
- MicroStrategy Creates Mobile App Universe and Developer Academy
- Sencha Makes Several Announcements at SenchaCon
- Unity 4.2 Now Supports BlackBerry 10
- BlackBerry Supports Bluetooth Smart Ready to Drive M2M App Development
- Helpshift Offers New Dashboard for End-to-End Mobile Help Desk
- Nokia Promotes Windows Phone App Development in China
- Fortumo Announces Carrier Billing Coverage for 1.15 Billion Mobile Phone Subscribers in China
- New Startup Point.io Launches BaaS Platform and API
- Notify Technology and MobileOps Announce WorkSecure Alliance of Mobile Device Management
- IBM Throws Support Behind Cloud Foundry Program
- New Nokia Imaging SDK for Lumia 1020
- Lotaris to Offer Carrier Billing for Developers on Windows 8 and Windows Phones at the Beginning of August
- Intel App Innovation Contest (AIC) 2013
- Windows App Store Debuts "Where's My App" to Help Users Find Popular Android or iOS Apps
- Startapp Adds 3D Ads
- Apple Dev Center Update
- MoPub Releases Dashboard From Beta
- GDC 2014 Call For Submissions
- Intel IDF Conference Set for September
- Jumptap Launches Unified Audience Exchange
- Samsung Developers Conference to be Held in San Francisco October 27 - 29
- Apple Developer Website Hacked!
- Elastic Web Page 1.0 Released
- Sticky Issues on Intellectual Property - What is Your Liability For Hackathons?
- youAPPi Launches New Self-Service Mobile Monetization Solution for Publishers
- RadiumOne Launches Photo Sharing Tool for Developers
- Ouya Kicks Off $1 Million US Funds to Encourage Developers to Create Games for Console
- German Federal Court Bans Aggressive Game Advertising to Children
- GDC Europe 2013 to Include Content on Mobile/Online Gaming Development
- BlackBerry Jam Direct to be Held July 25
- Apigee Announces Monetization Services for APIs and Other Digital Assets
- Google Announces Release of App Engine 1.8.2
- Chartboost Launches New Chartboost Store
- Mocean Mobile Debuts Mocean Mobile Exchange
Read more: http://appdevelopermagazine.com/?l=/newsletter/rea...
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.