Visa Launches Visa Developer for Mobile Payments
|Richard Harris in Monetize Monday, February 15, 2016|
Visa has announced the launch of Visa Developer, a new platform the provides access to some of Visa’s most popular payment technologies and services including account holder identification, person-to-person payment capabilities, secure in-store and online payment services such as Visa Checkout, currency conversion and consumer transaction alerts. Visa plans to provide access to more of its payment capabilities throughout the year.
Visa Developer has been under beta for several months and a number of companies produced prototype applications using the platform including Capital One, CIBC, Emirates NBD, National Australia Bank (NAB), RBC, TD Bank, Scotiabank, TSYS, U.S. Bank and VenueNext.
The platform transforms Visa’s payment products and services into application programming interfaces (APIs). Highlights of the platform include:
- A globally accessible developer portal offering a way to search Visa’s suite of payment products and services. The portal provides documents, sample code, reference Apps, community interactions, announcements, customer support, and blogs.
- An open platform that provides access to hundreds of Visa APIs and software development kits (SDK) for some of Visa’s most popular payment products and capabilities.
- A testing sandbox that offers application developers a plug and play experience, as well as access to Visa test data.
- Visa Developer engagement centers that are designed to foster collaboration and co-creation with application developers in markets including San Francisco, Dubai, Singapore, Miami and São Paolo.
The first version of the platform includes:
- Single-sign on for all APIs and access to sample code.
- APIs that span key Visa assets: Fund Transfer, Merchant Checkout, Tokenization, Mobile Location Confirmation, Alerts, Visa Consumer Transaction Control
Developers can use the platform to create workflows including Peer-peer payment, Push payments, Merchant checkouts, Secure payments through tokenization, Domestic/International remittance, Bill payments, M-Commerce, and more.
Read more: https://developer.visa.com/