Updates Made to Google Play Developer Policy Center
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
When you have one of the two largest app marketplaces in the world, it’s a tall order when making sure there is an ongoing positive experience for both users and app developers. The is the responsibility the Google Play team and its Developer Program Policies face in maintaining an app ecosystem through educating the Android developer community and defining appropriate content and activities in the store.
The team has recently announced that it has tweaked and updated the Google Play Developer Program Policy Center to communicate their policies with greater transparency and clarity. This redesign includes:
- Thematic organization of policies, so it is easier for developers to find relevant policies and understand the broad principles behind them.
- Visual examples and detailed guidelines for the most common violations based on developer feedback.
- Expanded information on our policy enforcement to help resolve violations.
- A visual refresh embracing Material Design to help developers more intuitively find the information they are looking for on mobile or desktop.
Read more: https://play.google.com/about/developer-content-po...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more