Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is now certified for Intel NUC
|Richard Harris in IoT Tuesday, June 26, 2018|
Canonical-Intel partnership yields newly Intel NUC certified Ubuntu 16.04 LTS to be used for Mini PCs and boards to advance IoT possibilities for developers.
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS has announced that it is is now certified on selected Intel NUC Mini PCs and boards. This partnership between Canonical and Intel is designed to "help guide device manufacturer’s and their developers to a smoother path to the development and deployment of IoT devices." Applicable to a range of use cases from digital signage to home entertainment, the Intel NUC certified with Ubuntu helps remove the friction often experienced in bringing IoT devices to market.
The certified Ubuntu image is ready to install on the Intel NUC. Device manufacturers can further enhance the versatility of the Intel NUC by installing applications on to their hardware via snaps enabling new features and functionality. Snaps - the universal Linux application packaging format - can either be installed from the Snap Store or a manufacturer can build and manage their own through snapcraft.io. The addition of snaps to a vendor’s hardware provides a route to ongoing feature updates, security patches, and opens the door to add new functionality leading to additional revenue streams.
Once moved into production and out into the field, the Intel NUC is designed for device manufacturers to benefit from low operational costs and an easy to deploy a fleet of devices. In addition, a small footprint and minimal noise output ensure that the Intel NUC is discreet enough to be hidden away and applied in a variety of different hardware environments. For added assurance, all Intel NUCs are supported with 3 international years warranty and 3 years product availability.
The following Intel NUC skus have been certified with Ubuntu:
- NUC7i5DNKPC - Intel NUC Mini PC with 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300U and Windows 10 Pro
- NUC7i3DNKTC - Intel NUC Mini PC with 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U and Windows 10 Pro
- NUC7i3DNHNC - Intel NUC Mini PC with 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U and Windows 10 Pro
- NUC7i7DNKE - Intel NUC Kit and Board with 7th Generation Intel Core i7-8650U
- NUC7i7DNHE - Intel NUC Kit and Board with 7th Generation Intel Core i7-8650U
- NUC7i7DNBE - Intel NUC Kit and Board with 7th Generation Intel Core i7-8650U
- NUC7i5DNKE - Intel NUC Kit and Board with 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300U
- NUC7i5DNHE - Intel NUC Kit and Board with 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300U
- NUC7i5DNBE - Intel NUC Kit and Board with 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300U
- NUC7i3DNKE - Intel NUC Kit and Board with 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U
- NUC7i3DNHE - Intel NUC Kit and Board with 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U
- NUC7i3DNBE - Intel NUC Kit and Board with 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U
- NUC7CJYSAL - Intel NUC Mini PC with Intel Celeron J4005 and Windows 10
- NUC7PJYH - Intel NUC Kit and Board with Intel Pentium Silver J5005
- NUC7CJYH - Intel NUC Kit and Board with Intel Celeron J4005
Love Is Like Pi Never Ending T-Shirt Math Pi day Gift Shirt. Perfect Shirt to celebrate Pi Day 2019. Great gift whether you just love Math or you are a Math Student, Teacher or similar.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.