Thursday, January 22, 2015
As for predictions for 2015? Tiobe predicts that Objective-C will probably lose its dominant position in mobile app development, whereas Java and Swift will gain traction in that field. Other trends in programming are modeling and big data with MATLAB and R appearing to be the market leaders.
The TIOBE Programming Community index is an indicator of the popularity of programming languages and is updated once a month. The ratings are based on input from number of engineers world-wide, providers of technical courses and third party vendors. Search engines including Google, Bing, Yahoo!, Wikipedia, Amazon, YouTube and Baidu are used to calculate the ratings. Tiobe points out that the Index is not about the best programming language or the language in which most lines of code have been written.
The goal of the index is to offer developers insight into whether their programming skills are still up to date or to help make a strategic decision about what programming language should be adopted when starting to build a new software system.
The full Index findings are available on the Tiobe website.
Read more: http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/t...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more