The State of Digital Transformation Report 2016
|Christian Hargrave in Enterprise Friday, October 14, 2016|
Ping Identity surveyed IT decision makers based in France, Germany, the United Kingdom and United States for a comprehensive report that details how enterprises are prioritizing initiatives to support digital transformation, including:
- Creating a consistent customer experience across devices and channels
- Providing mobile apps to customers and employees
- Using cloud services for saving documents rather than on-premises servers or VPNs
- Replacing legacy software with SaaS applications
- Migrating on-premises applications to Infrastructure-as-a-Service
- Engaging customers via smart, connected IoT services
- Moving the internal manufacturing supply chain online
- Onboarding partner organizations seamlessly
Cloud Remains a Top Priority, but Adoption is in its Infancy
The research revealed that cloud adoption is still nascent within the enterprise, but moving infrastructure to the cloud is a top digital transformation priority.
- Fewer than one in ten have fully migrated to the cloud. Half have started migrating to cloud infrastructure (either private or public).
- 86 percent say cloud adoption is important to their company’s success in digital transformation.
- 83 percent believe that moving infrastructure to the cloud should be a board level priority, and 81 percent believe moving infrastructure to the cloud should be a top priority for most companies today.
Security is the Top Imperative and Obstacle for Success
IT decision-makers view security as the most important element to successfully making the digital transformation, but also the greatest roadblock to adopting cloud infrastructure, another critical digital enabler. Consequently, IT decision makers report that they are allocating more resources to security with the rise of cloud adoption.
- 91 percent say security is very important to their company’s success in digital transformation, and half point to security as the most important factor.
- 82 percent say security is more challenging as they have moved to the cloud.
- 67 percent have purchased more security tools as they have implemented cloud.
Identity is a Linchpin for the Digital Economy
The study showed that IT decision makers view identity and access management technology as a key enabler of digital transformation.
- 90 percent say identity and access management technologies are critical to succeeding at digital transformation.
- After security, IAM was ranked the second most important factor in their company’s success in digital transformation.
- 84 percent of respondents’ senior leadership think IAM is critical to adoption of cloud, and 89 percent agree that IAM is critical to mobility initiatives.
Ping Identity conducted a survey of 200 IT decision makers in the United States, United Kingdom, France and Germany who are responsible for overseeing technology deployments. Survey respondents come from enterprises with at least 500 employees in the United States, and at least 200 employees in the United Kingdom, France and Germany. The survey was conducted by Regina Corso Consulting online between August 26 and September 8, 2016.
Read more: https://www.pingidentity.com/en/resources/infograp...
Learn the basics of blockchain technology. No mathematical formulas, program code, or computer science jargon are used. No previous knowledge in computer science, mathematics, programming, or cryptography is required. Terminology is explained through pictures, analogies, and metaphors.
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.