The future of iOS apps
|Richard Harris in iOS Tuesday, December 4, 2012|
How does 60,000 downloads the first day of your new app sound, pretty good right? That is what LetterPress, a two player game for the iOS did and it was created by Loren Brichter.
Brichter worked for Apple and is the guy who brought us many great interface features in iOS we know today. He is ambitious, brave, and groundbreaking in his iOS app design methods.
This guy loves design, and his app clearly shows it. Though simple in nature there's a lot going on behind the scenes with the way the app functions, and flows that keeps you curious and imaginative while you create words and play with others. He was so serious about the user experience for his new game that he wrote his own version of the user interface framework.
He talks about choosing his projects wisely and not just doing something on a whim rather than really thinking about what he's about to do.
Read more: http://gigaom.com/apple/loren-brichter-designs-on-...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more