The agents of transformation COVID-19 edition from AppDynamics
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
AppDynamics has released, The Agents of Transformation, a report conducted to understand how technology professionals and IT departments are grappling with surging demand and mounting pressures to accelerate digital transformation strategies in response to the way we are working during COVID-19.
AppDynamics released a special COVID-19 edition of The Agents of Transformation, a report conducted to understand in greater detail how technology professionals and IT departments are grappling with surging demand and mounting pressures to accelerate digital transformation strategies in response to the way we are working during COVID-19.
The comprehensive study surveyed 1,000 IT professionals across 10 countries. Some of the key findings from the report include:
- 95% of organizations changed their technology priorities during the pandemic.
- 81% of technologists state COVID-19 has created the biggest technology pressure for their organization they have ever experienced.
- 71% say digital transformation projects in their organization have been implemented within weeks rather than the months or years it would have taken before the pandemic.
- 66% of technologists confirm that the pandemic has exposed weaknesses in their digital strategies, creating an urgent need to push through initiatives that were once part of multi-year digital transformation programs.
- 64% are now being asked to perform tasks and activities they have never done before.
- 61% of IT professionals feel under more pressure at work than ever before.
During COVID-19, IT professionals are being asked to deliver major digital transformation projects in previously unthinkable timeframes and, though this has allowed for some projects to get off the ground, 59% of respondents admit they are firefighting and introducing short-term fixes to technology problems.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more