|Stuart Parkerson in HTML5 Thursday, July 17, 2014|
The new version of Syncfusion’s ASP.NET suite is fully rendered on the client side to improve user interaction and performance. All the controls have a rich design time experience and also allow data binding to server-side data sources. Previous versions of Essential Studio for ASP.NET, now referred to as ASP.NET Classic, will continue to be supported.
The Volume 2 release also marks the beginning of Syncfusion support for universal Windows apps, enabling developers to create apps for the family of Windows devices and expand their customer base across Windows tablets, phones, and desktops. The initial set of more than 30 universal app controls from Syncfusion will include charts, grids, and more.
Updates have been made to the other Essential Studio platforms, such as touch support for Windows Forms. Several new controls have also been added, including:
- New Windows Forms controls, such as a maps control, rating control, radial menu, and hub tile.
- A masked edit control for WinRT
- A schedule control for ASP.NET MVC
- 3-D chart options, including scatter, line, and area charts, for all of the XAML platforms (WinRT, Windows Phone, WPF, and Silverlight)
Read more: http://www.syncfusion.com/products/whatsnew
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more