Sumo Logic launches new capabilities
Thursday, July 29, 2021
Sumo Logic launches new capabilities including Real User Monitoring, Span Analytics, and Easily Queryable Raw Tracing Data which provides observers and analysts with deeper insights to manage modern applications.
Sumo Logic has announced new capabilities that augment analytics-powered use cases and capture the end-user experience as part of its Observability solution. As the requirements for modern application Observability push past the limits of traditional, siloed APM, monitoring, and logging tools, Sumo Logic is continuously investing to address the evolving needs of customers. The announcement includes Real User Monitoring and Span Analytics, capabilities designed to help DevOps/SRE teams identify and resolve customer-impacting issues faster, reduce application downtime, and optimize application performance.
Sumo Logic launches new capabilities
According to Gartner, "Observability by its very nature must look at the full stack of data available. Looking at a single layer provides only a silo view. To deliver the digital experience necessary to remain competitive, enterprises must go beyond infrastructure and make their digital business observable."
Introducing Sumo Logic Span Analytics
Sumo Logic Span Analytics allows customers to search, analyze and query both structured and unstructured application data, including transaction traces, logs, and metrics. This provides observers with a simplified search experience and an ability to filter, transform and aggregate the span data to uncover unknown unknowns that help them to diagnose and resolve problems faster.
With this advanced capability:
- Developers can identify issues and troubleshoot performance problems more quickly by discovering emergent patterns and relationships that are impossible to pre-define, as legacy tools require.
- Teams can leverage the familiar Sumo Logic Query Language to interrogate multiple sets of telemetry, from a single console.
- Similarly, teams can skip the Sumo Logic Query Language and use an intuitive UI to build simple or sophisticated queries and aggregate results.
Monitoring What Matters: The Real User
Inside-out monitoring can often leave end-users exposed to poor performance. Real User Monitoring (RUM) arms operations teams with an understanding of the full end-to-end experience of every transaction, starting with a user’s browser click. Sumo Logic RUM provides high-level insights into user experience with the ability to segment by geographical region, OS, and browser automatically connecting it to backend troubleshooting information.
With RUM, customers understand the real user experience and troubleshoot problems that originated in code running in the browser. This allows teams to:
- Understand the real user web application performance as experienced in the browser, including network and interaction-specific metrics like UI paint events.
- Visualize the code as run in the browser, including local or remote requests and full end-to-end transaction tracing to optimize performance.
- Gather full details about the end-user geolocation, device, and browser, including all details about the URL, target element, and its Xpath indicating the particular component of the page that was clicked.
“Traditional or siloed monitoring, APM and log management tools do not provide the visibility required for today’s large-scale applications built on modern architectures, leveraging cloud, Kubernetes, serverless and open source. A unified approach to observability, which includes Log, Metrics, Traces, and Real User Monitoring, is now table stakes for teams looking to deliver reliable digital services and best-in-class customer experiences. We’re excited to roll out new capabilities that bring together digital experience management and advanced analytics into one easy-to-use solution,” said Bruno Kurtic, VP of Strategy and Solutions for Sumo Logic.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more