Spark AR gets new tools
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Spark AR releases new creator tools and capabilities — Target Tracking, Native Slider, Actions and Templates for Spark Studio — for Instagram.
Spark AR is releasing some of the most-requested creator tools and capabilities — Target Tracking, Native Slider, Actions and Templates for Spark Studio — for Instagram.
Since Spark AR opened publishing on Instagram earlier this year, we’ve seen an amazing response from our creator community. These new tools and capabilities offer more options for creators to express themselves and new ways to share with their community, while templates will help jumpstart the creative process.
Some details on the new tools:
- With Target Tracking, creators can build AR effects that are contextually tied to images, logos, signs and pictures in the real world — this is an important step in unlocking world-facing AR effect creation. This has been live on Facebook and is now coming to Instagram.
- Native Slider allows creators to add native UI control to their effects to be able to cycle through or change different aspects of that effect, such as colors and patterns.
- Spark Studio:
- Actions: a set of shortcuts that automate steps and speed up common workflows, for placing and animating objects on a face or in the world.
- Templates: it’s now easier to get started creating some of our most popular effects. Creators can customize pre-designed AR projects (made up of assets, objects, etc.) built to jumpstart some of our most popular effects, including Face Decoration, Head Decoration, Color Filter and Makeup.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more