SolidFire Announces Partnership with MongoDB
|Richard Harris in Press Announcements Friday, October 25, 2013|
“The MongoDB ecosystem is expanding rapidly, the scale-out approach to storage from SolidFire is ideal for our users,” said Matt Asay, vice president of business development and corporate strategy at MongoDB. “With SolidFire, our customers have additional control over database performance and the ability to adjust storage performance resources on-demand.”
While service providers evolve from dedicated hardware models to a shared cloud infrastructure and enterprise customers embrace the next era of big data, optimizing the database for scale and guaranteed performance becomes critical to success. By leveraging solid-state drive technology with concepts like storage virtualization, quality of service and horizontal scaling, SolidFire’s next generation storage systems are able to combine the comforts of traditional dedicated storage performance with the simplicity and scalability expected in a MongoDB environment.
“One of the major restrictions in large scale database deployments is lack of infrastructure flexibility imposed by running on dedicated hardware,” said Dave Cahill, Director of Strategic Alliances from SolidFire. “With SolidFire, running your databases on dedicated hardware is no longer your only option. MongoDB with SolidFire, delivers new IT efficiencies and operational cost savings along with consistent, repeatable IO performance in a highly scalable, extremely flexible database environment.”
Tuning MongoDB for Next Generation Storage Systems Webinar
On Wednesday, November 6th at 11:00am PST / 2:00pm EST / 6:00pm UTC, SolidFire will host with MongoDB, “Tuning MongoDB for Next Generation Storage Systems.” Chris Merz, Sr. Database Application Engineer, SolidFire will discuss how to:
- Architect MongoDB with SolidFire storage for a large scale production cloud environment
- Traverse the technology stack to identify performance bottlenecks
- Optimize IO performance and latency
- Normalize performance under load Maintain performance at scale
- Maintain performance at scale
To hear more about how SolidFire can change your impression of storage for MongoDB, sign up for the upcoming webinar. You can also read about our MongoDB benefits, best practices and more on our Database Solutions page.
Read more: http://www.mongodb.com/webinar/solidfire-reg-mongo...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more