Smart TV Alliance Releases App SDK, Offers Integrated Porting Across Manufacturers
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Saturday, September 7, 2013|
These new offerings are packaged into the Alliance’s Developer Support Program, which allows app developers to build once and run everywhere in the Smart TV Alliance ecosystem. The process allows developers to submit an application for a single QA process for qualification across multiple Alliance compliant member devices, simplifying and reducing the QA cycles that are traditionally needed for each individual manufacturer's QA process.
The new SDK 2.5 enables multi-screen interactivity between mobile applications and version 2.5 compliant Smart TVs from LG, TP Vision, Toshiba and Panasonic. The Alliance will also soon be releasing a version that includes HTML5 updates, Ultra HD and support for Smart Home features. An updated developer portal reflects the new changes and opportunities to launch Smart TV apps.
Read more: http://www.smarttv-alliance.org/Home.aspx
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more