Serverless computing with StackPath's EdgeEngine
|Christian Hargrave in Cloud Services Friday, December 21, 2018|
Serverless computing gets a bump from Stackpath's new EdgeEngine, which enables developers to send their isolated code to the Stackpath's edge.
StackPath, a company that provides secure edge services, has released StackPath EdgeEngine, a simple yet powerful serverless computing service that lets developers run code at the cloud’s edge without a server, virtual machine, or container.
“Having the ability to create a dynamic user-experience at the edge is a total game changer,” said Ben Gabler, StackPath Senior Vice President, Product. “At StackPath, we can’t always predict every feature or use case that we will support, but today that’s no longer an issue. With the power of EdgeEngine the customer possibilities are endless.”
EdgeEngine has a wide range of use cases, including:
- Delivering unique content based on request data: Modify end-user experience directly from the edge instead of relying on client-side execution.
- Customizing security measures: Deploy scripts that execute before a request reaches content, such as blocking or allowing WordPress Administration.
- Building an API entry point or entire API gateway: Create scripts that designate specific routes (as many as desired) to a delivery site.
- Reducing total cost of operations: Handle computing tasks at the edge instead of sending them back to the origin, reducing origin compute workloads and data transfer.
- Improving overall end-user experiences: Process data from and reply to end users from the nearest edge PoP, lowering response time and enabling near-real-time network applications.
- EdgeEngine is available now for existing StackPath customers.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more