Samsung Releases Smart TV SDK 1.0 Beta for the Tizen TV Platform
|Richard Harris in Tizen Monday, July 28, 2014|
The Samsung TV SDK team has released the Tizen-based Samsung TV SDK 1.0 Beta. The SDK provides developers with the tools they need to begin developing for the Tizen TV platform. The toolset includes an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and a Web Simulator for testing TV apps on a PC.
The Tizen-based TV SDK combines the features of a TV with the power of web based technologies. By combining the size, input, and multimedia benefits of a TV with the connectivity features of the internet, developers can create innovative new experiences for their users.
Main features of the SDK include:
(1) Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- HTML, JS, CSS code editing
- Templates for Tizen TV applications
- Packaging Features
(2) Web Simulator
- Light-weight tool for testing TV Web Apps on the PC
- Support for HTML5
- Web Simulator supported html5 media formats : ogg/ogv, MP4
(3) Debugger (Web Inspector)
- Code inspection
- Network & Resource profiling
(4) IDE Relevant Version Information:
- Eclipse Indigo (3.7)
(5) Pre-Setting requirements before installing Tizen-based Samsung TV SDK 1.0 Beta:
- Tizen-based Samsung TV SDK 1.0 Beta Eclipse plugin requires Java Standard Edition (Java SE) version 1.7 or higher.
(6) SDK System Requirements :
- Processor : Dual Core 1.5GHz / Single Core 3GHz or higher
- RAM : 2 GB or higher
- OS (32bit and 64bit supported):
- Windows 7 (recommendation), Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher
- Mac OS X : Intel-based hardware, OS versions 10.6 and above.
- Linux: Tested on Ubuntu 12.x
- Screen resolution : 1280 x 1024 or higher
- HDD : 5GB or higher
Read more: http://samsungdforum.com/TizenDevtools/SdkDownload