Rubrik just launched an open source community
|Richard Harris in API Wednesday, February 13, 2019|
Rubrik announced a new offering that will solidify their commitment to the open source and developer community, especially those using Rubrik's APIs.
Rubrik just announced Rubrik Build, a new 100 percent public, 100 percent Open Source community built around use cases and integrations that consume Rubrik APIs. As part of Rubrik Build, contributors can leverage existing software development kits, tools, and use cases or contribute their own ideas, code, documentation, and feedback.
The goal of Rubrik Build to establish a community around consuming Rubrik's world-class APIs to quickly get started with pre-built use cases, quick start guides, and integrations with popular tooling. The Build program was designed with customers in mind, easing their transition to consuming APIs.
Rubrik has divided its open source projects into three major categories:
- Software Development Kits (SDKs): Coding languages that allow the creation of applications via Rubrik APIs.
- Tooling Integrations: Tools that seamlessly integrate with Rubrik to make your testing, development, or monitoring tasks easier and more efficient.
- Use Cases: Automated workflows that can be leveraged in your environment to achieve a goal.
On the companies website, a new blog post from Rebecca Fitzhugh, Rubrik's Principal Technologist says:
"Today, I am proud to extend our API-first approach with the launch of Rubrik Build, an open source community where contributors can create new applications, automation tooling and integrations, as well as consume or improve existing projects that simplify monitoring, testing, development, and automated workflows. Our goal is to establish a community around consuming Rubrik’s world-class APIs to quickly get started with pre-built use cases, quick start guides, and integrations with popular tooling. The Build program was designed with our customers in mind, easing their transition to consuming APIs."
Read more: https://build.rubrik.com/
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more