PuppetConf 2016 announcements
|Richard Harris in DevOps Monday, October 24, 2016|
At the PuppetConf 2016 this year, Puppet announced several new capabilities, tools, integrations and plugins. These updates enable fast, reliable software change and are crucial to building the foundation for DevOps by making it easier than ever to gain situational awareness and orchestrate software change confidently, no matter what the software runs on.
Highlights from the announcements include:
Puppet Enterprise 2016.4 raises the bar for enabling fast, reliable software change: New orchestration capabilities, corrective change reporting and Jenkins integration enable DevOps practices with more visibility, control and confidence.
New Puppet Docker Image Build helps organizations quickly and reliably run containers in production: Puppet Docker Image Build automates container build process to enable consistent and reliable deployment of software running in Docker.
Puppet and VMware announce new vRealize plugin for Puppet Enterprise: New plugin enables automated, self-service provisioning of infrastructure on demand.
Read more: http://www.puppet.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more