Progress Telerik Platform Adds Enterprise Functionality for Mobile Web, Native and Hybrid Apps
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Thursday, May 21, 2015|
Progress has added new enterprise functionality to its Telerik Platform, a cross-platform mobile application development solution for creating mobile web, native and hybrid apps.
With this latest release, the Telerik Platform adds enterprise elements to better enable low code development options for both the developer and technical business user; enterprise mBaaS for simplified data integrations and synchronization; and a native development framework.
As part of this latest release, the Telerik Platform now comes equipped with several new components for enterprise needs for mobile app development and deployment. New components in Telerik Platform include:
- Screen Builder: A low code development for developers and technical business users to work together on mobile development efforts. Users of all development skillsets can create and configure screens visually from a set of pre-defined templates, as well as connect to enterprise data without the need to write custom code. With Screen Builder, users can generate functional hybrid and native mobile apps quickly. In addition, applications can be modified and extended at any time through an integration with Telerik AppBuilder.
- AppManager LiveSync: Enables enterprises to release updates to in-production applications without going through app store approval. Users now get immediate updates, features and fixes in real-time without disruption. AppManager LiveSync works with applications deployed to the iOS, Google Play and Windows stores.
- Analytics: Provides real-time user analytics and integrates user feedback directly into the development workflows within Telerik Platform and offers custom user reports and dashboards.
Also announced are additions to the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace, a source for verified Cordova plugins for hybrid mobile development, which will soon support plug-ins for NativeScript.
Additionally with this release, Telerik has expanded the mBaaS capabilities within the Telerik Platform by expanding on components such as its offline sync engine to address a set of complex data persistence and synchronization problems commonplace in mobile application development scenarios.
Progress has integrated its Progress DataDirect connectors within Telerik Platform and by the end of the year, the Telerik Platform will have more than 20 data connectors to enterprise systems, including MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, Postgre SQL, JDBC, SAP HANA, OData for SAP, Salesforce and more.
Progress has also expanded the ecosystem of components for Telerik Platform with the addition of pre-built hybrid and native app templates. The quick-start reusable templates are usable for common scenarios for enterprise and customer apps including SAP Sales Order and Store Beacons App. The templates, available in the Telerik Mobile Marketplace, are free for Telerik Platform customers. The marketplace is also open to listings from other developers building applications on Telerik Platform.
Read more: http://www.telerik.com/platform
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more