Piston and ActiveState Partner to Offer OpenStack and Cloud Foundry Platform as a Service
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Monday, February 9, 2015|
Piston Cloud Computing and ActiveState Software are partnering together to use Piston with ActiveState’s Stackato Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) capabilities to offer an OpenStack and Cloud Foundry PaaS based private cloud environment.
Piston provides a turn-key infrastructure management and automation layer while Stackato provides a platform to manage, develop and deploy software. With the combination of Piston and Stackato, customers can deploy a production-ready IaaS plus PaaS stack in a single day.
Stackato is based on the Cloud Foundry and Docker open source projects. It provides development teams with built-in languages, frameworks and services on one single cloud application platform. The partnership with Piston CloudOS provides a solution for application lifecycle management, accelerated deployment, and a hybrid cloud strategy.
Users will have access to a scalable PaaS environment enabling the deployment of web and mobile apps with a flexible IaaS solution ideal for continuous development and delivery. This flexibility allows for rapid updates to web software, and stable and scalable configurations that simplify the pre-cloud configuration process.
ActiveState and Piston benefits include:
- A scalable PaaS runtime environment extensible to modern frameworks and languages for launching and scaling web and mobile apps
- Easy install providing the ability to deploy the entire environment in less than a day
- Built-in high availability and multiple layers of fault tolerance
- Applications and infrastructure scaling, management, and secure automation
More information on the Piston and Stackato by ActiveState partnership is available here.
Read more: http://pistoncloud.com/partners/technology-partner...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more