PhatWare Releases SDK for Handwriting Recognition Enabled Apps
|Richard Harris in Programming Saturday, June 21, 2014|
PhatWare has released the latest version of its WritePad Software Development Kit (SDK) designed to develop multiplatform handwriting recognition-enabled applications. It can be utilized with iOS and Android applications in C# using Xamarin Studio on MAC and Windows platforms.
The WritePad SDK enables app developers to add handwriting-based text input, which is automatically converted to digital text. The WritePad SDK is also available for OEM licensing. The WritePad SDK is optimized for the latest versions of iOS, Android and Xamarin Studio and includes support for ARM, X86, and arm64 (iOS) architectures. The new version of the SDK also features improved handwriting recognition quality especially when used for recognition of large digital ink data, and updated UNICODE (UTF-16).
The WritePad SDK Features Include:
- Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
- Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
- Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
- Supports 11 languages, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
- Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box."
- Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
The WritePad SDK for Xamarin Studio is shipped with the handwriting recognition engine libraries for Android and iOS, dictionaries for all supported languages including US Medical dictionary, API header files, documentation, and sample code C#. Native WritePad SDK is also available on iOS, Android OS, Windows 7/8/8.1/RT, and Windows Phone 8/8.1.
To request a free evaluation copy of the WritePad SDK for any supported platform, visit the PhatWare website. The WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based.
Read more: http://www.phatware.com/index.php?q=page/writepads...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more