Ouya Kicks Off $1 Million US Funds to Encourage Developers to Create Games for Console
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Tuesday, July 23, 2013|
Called the "Free the Games Fund," the company is encouraging developers to utilize Kickstarter to attract funding for their game development. Developers that raise a minimum of $50,000US will receive matching funds up to $250,000US.
To be eligible for the Ouya Free the Games Fund, developers must launch a funding campaign on Kickstarter on or after August 9, 2013 and conclude fundraising by August 10, 2014. Developers that receive Ouya matching funds have to agree to launch exclusively on Ouya for a minimum of six months beginning on the date the game becomes available for download.
A bonus of $100,000US will be given to the game developer that raises the most cash through Kickstarter by the end of the funding time period.
Read more: http://www.ouya.tv/freethegamesfund
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more