Oracle has launched the Oracle Cloud at Customer, which allows companies to access Oracle’s cloud services in their datacenter and offers a stack that is 100 percent compatible with the Oracle Cloud but available on-premises.
Companies can use the platform for disaster recovery, elastic bursting, dev/test, lift-and-shift workload migration, and a single API and scripting toolkit for DevOps. By extending the Oracle Cloud into their data center, companies can:
- Have full control over their data and meet all data sovereignty and data residency requirements that mandate customer data remain within a company’s data center or contained within a geographic location while still taking advantage of the benefits of the cloud.
- Enable workload portability between on-premises and cloud using identical environments, toolsets, and APIs.
- Move Oracle and non-Oracle workloads between on-premises and the cloud based on their changing business requirements.
- Comply with security and privacy regulations such as PCI-DSS for the global credit and debit card industry, HIPAA for the US healthcare industry, FedRAMP for the US federal government, Germany’s Federal Data Protection Act, the United Kingdom's Data Protection Act, and other industry- and country-specific regulations.
The Oracle Cloud at Customer provides the following services:
- Infrastructure: Provides elastic compute, elastic block storage, virtual networking, file storage, messaging, and identity management to enable portability of Oracle and non-Oracle workloads into the cloud. Additional IaaS services including Containers and Elastic Load Balancer will be available soon.
- Data Management: Enables customers to use the number one database to manage data infrastructure in the cloud with the Oracle Database Cloud. The initial set of Database Cloud Service offerings will be followed by Oracle Database Exadata Cloud for extreme performance and a broad set of Big Data Cloud services, including Big Data Discovery, Big Data Preparation, Hadoop, and Big Data SQL.
- Application Development: Develop and deploy Java applications in the cloud using Oracle Java Cloud, soon to be followed by other services for polyglot development in Java SE, Node.Js, Ruby, and PHP.
- Enterprise Integration: Simplify integration of on-premises applications to cloud applications and cloud application to cloud application integration using the Oracle Integration Cloud Service. Additional capabilities for SOA, API Management, and IoT will be added soon.
- Management: Unifies the experience of managing workloads seamlessly on-premises and in the Oracle Cloud.
Read more: https://cloud.oracle.com/home
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.