Opera Launches New Android App Subscription Service Through Carrier Billing
|Stuart Parkerson in Android Wednesday, February 10, 2016|
Opera has launched the Opera Apps Club subscription service for premium Android apps providing an alternative distribution and app monetization model for apps based on an unlimited “all you can download” subscription offer, payable through carrier billing systems.
The Opera Apps Club is an outgrowth of Opera’s acquisition of Bemobi in August 2015. The service was originally available throughout Brazil and Latin America in partnership with 34 wireless carriers and two smartphone OEM and is now being rolled out globally in other markets.
The Opera Apps Club can be customized for each mobile operator's audience, focusing on games or apps from hundreds of developers worldwide, as the operator requires. Android developers can request to participate in the project on the Opera website.
Read more: http://www.operasoftware.com/products/operators/op...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more